- That more than this she would never (and he was well persuaded of the steadfastness of her resolution) for any human consideration disclose.
- Still, very steadfastly and quietly walking towards it, a peaceful figure too in the landscape, went Mademoiselle Hortense, shoeless, through the wet grass.
- Leave all else to time, truth, and steadfastness.
- "You don’t happen to know why they killed the pig, do you?" retorts Mr. Bucket with a steadfast look, but without loss of temper.
- "You never," returns Tony with a most convincing steadfastness, "said a truer word in all your life.
There are no more uses of "steadfast" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- But then, that’s who Helene is: Her faith is steadfast.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Moving apace with the river was a long single-file line of men, eyes aimed at their feet, shoulders tense, walking steadfastly nowhere.
Go to more samples
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl