- I would have had that fellow shot without the least remorse!
- It may be that he pursues her doggedly and steadily, with no touch of compunction, remorse, or pity.
- Think that the reality is in her suffering, in her useless remorse, in her murdering within her breast the only love and truth of which it is capable!
- He spits them out with a remorseful air, for he feels that it is in his nature to be an unimprovable reprobate and that it’s no good HIS trying to keep awake, for HE won’t never know nothink.
- The complication of her shame, her dread, remorse, and misery, overwhelms her at its height; and even her strength of self-reliance is overturned and whirled away like a leaf before a mighty wind.
- "Of repentance or remorse or any feeling of mine," Lady Dedlock presently proceeds, "I say not a word.
There are no more uses of "remorse" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- There was no sign of remorse until the police caught her.
- I expressed my remorse at having let them down.
Go to more samples