- "Then don’t talk in that wrong manner," says Mr. Bucket, mollified again.
- Upon which Mrs. Bagnet, with her cloak, basket, and umbrella, goes home, bright-eyed again, to the rest of her family, and the comrades sally forth on the hopeful errand of mollifying Mr. Smallweed.
- "I am glad, Volumnia," repeats Sir Leicester, unmindful of these mollifying sentiments, "that you do mean what a pity.
There are no more uses of "mollify" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She managed to mollify the angry customer.
- She apologized, but he would not be mollified and he continued to insist on speaking with her manager.
Go to more samples