- She can open it on occasion and be busy and fluttered, but it is shut up now and lies on the breadth of Mrs. Rouncewell’s iron-bound bosom in a majestic sleep.
- The adjacent low-lying ground for half a mile in breadth is a stagnant river with melancholy trees for islands in it and a surface punctured all over, all day long, with falling rain.
- Do his words disclose the length, breadth, depth, of his object and suspicion in coming here; or if not, what do they hide?
- Mr. Tulkinghorn’s thoughts take such form as he looks at her, with his ragged grey eyebrows a hair’s breadth more contracted than usual under her gaze.
- Mr. Bucket, in the foremost emblazoned carriage, uses his two fat forefingers to hold the lattice a hair’s breadth open while he looks.
There are no more uses of "breadth" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The introductory courses are meant to add to breadth rather than depth of understanding.
- a teacher must have a breadth of knowledge of the subject
Go to more samples