- Jobling nods intelligence and acquiescence.
- Miss Flite acquiesced with the greatest suavity.
- Mr. Guppy acquiesces, with the reply, "I never should have taken it up, Tony, of my own accord."
- Mr. Bagnet’s face expresses, so far as in its wooden material lies, the highest approbation and acquiescence.
- "Why," Mr. Tulkinghorn returns methodically as he softly rubs his hands, "I should like to be assured of your acquiescence in my arrangements, Lady Dedlock."
- Conversational and acquiescent on both sides.
- "The old girl," says Mr. Bagnet, acquiescing, "saves.
There are no more uses of "acquiesce" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is opposed, but will ultimately acquiesce to the will of the majority.
- You can make them acquiesce, but don’t expect them to be happy about it.
Go to more samples