- Alice thought the whole thing very absurd, but they all looked so grave that she did not dare to laugh;
- (It was this last remark that had made the whole party look so grave and anxious.
- ’The trial cannot proceed,’ said the King in a very grave voice, ’until all the jurymen are back in their proper places—ALL,’ he repeated with great emphasis, looking hard at Alice as he said do.
- ’Of course,’ the Dodo replied very gravely.
- Alice felt a little irritated at the Caterpillar’s making such VERY short remarks, and she drew herself up and said, very gravely, ’I think, you ought to tell me who YOU are, first.’
- ’Begin at the beginning,’ the King said gravely, ’and go on till you come to the end: then stop.’
There are no more uses of "grave" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Her smile disappeared as she suddenly realized the gravity of her situation.
- It was the day of the funeral and she was in a grave mood.
Go to more samples