- O you hypocrites, O, you whited sepulchres, O you who present a smooth smiling face to the world while your soul within is a foul swamp of sin, how will it fare with you in that terrible day?
- —You’re a hypocrite, O’Keeffe, he said.
- —I mean, Cranly said, hardening in his speech, did the idea ever occur to you that he was himself a conscious hypocrite, what he called the jews of his time, a whited sepulchre?
There are no more uses of "hypocrite" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She calls him a hypocrite for suggesting a green lifestyle except when it is personally inconvenient.
- She may be a hypocrite, but at least she knows the difference between right and wrong.
Go to more samples