- They compose an ardent epistle, a declaration in fact, and they carry the letter upstairs themselves, so as to elucidate whatever might appear not perfectly intelligible in the letter.
- They enjoyed hearing the epistle read, and the roll of the head deacon’s voice at the last verse, awaited with such impatience by the outside public.
- "There you have it—from the epistle of St. James," said Alexey Alexandrovitch, addressing Lidia Ivanovna, with a certain reproachfulness in his tone.
There are no more uses of "epistle" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The Epistle of James advises: "Confess your sins to one another, that you may be healed."
- The king read the letter, which he supposed was a loving and tender epistle La Valliere had destined for him.
Go to more samples
Alexandre Dumas -- The Man in the Iron Mask