- And me to go magnanimously to forgive her, and have pity on her!
- He felt that the husband was magnanimous even in his sorrow, while he had been base and petty in his deceit.
- It means that I, hating him, but still recognizing that I have wronged him—and I consider him magnanimous—that I humiliate myself to write to himů.
- If you will allow me to recapitulate, it was like this: when you parted, you were as magnanimous as could possibly be; you were ready to give her everything—freedom, divorce even.
- I know you are a truly magnanimous man," said Betsy, stopping in the little drawing-room, and with special warmth shaking hands with him once more.
There are no more uses of "magnanimous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He was magnanimous toward those he conquered.
- She was conciliatory and magnanimous.
Go to more samples