- She was the more aware of this from noticing in the inquisitive look Mihail Vassilievitch turned on her that he was, as it were, keeping watch on her.
- "Why, what is important?" said Kitty, looking into her face with inquisitive wonder.
- And there passed before his mind a whole series of these mettlesome, vigorous, selfconfident men, who always and everywhere drew his inquisitive attention in spite of himself.
- They stood still on the bridge, staring inquisitively at the carriage.
- The peasants had all got up from the cart and were inquisitively and mirthfully staring at the meeting of the friends, making their comments on it.
- On the contrary, I have hopes," said Dolly, looking inquisitively at Anna.
There are no more uses of "inquisitive" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is an inquisitive child who always asks questions.
- police tend to be inquisitive
Go to more samples