- I allowed that their conduct was bad, but I urged him to take into consideration their heedlessness, their youth; then, too, the young men had only just been lunching together.
- The bailiff said that he had said so a long while ago, but no heed had been paid him.
- What the laborer wanted was to work as pleasantly as possible, with rests, and above all, carelessly and heedlessly, without thinking.
- But she did not heed him, and would not agree to anything.
- "Yes, he’s very heedless," said the princess, addressing Sergey Ivanovitch.
- I really am not sure," Vronsky answered heedlessly, with a vague recollection of something stiff and tedious evoked by the name Karenina.
There are no more uses of "heed" in the book.
Show samples from other sources