- Agafea Mihalovna, speaking of the man just dead, had said: "Well, thank God, he took the sacrament and received absolution; God grant each one of us such a death."
- "Our Lord and God, Jesus Christ, in the abundance and riches of His lovingkindness, forgives this child…." and, finishing the prayer of absolution, the priest blessed him and dismissed him.
- Katya in just the same way, besides all her care about linen, bedsores, drink, found time the very first day to persuade the sick man of the necessity of taking the sacrament and receiving absolution.
There are no more uses of "absolve" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The committee absolved her of any wrong doing.
- The First Amendment is often inconvenient. But that is besides the point. Inconvenience does not absolve the government of its obligation to tolerate speech.
Go to more samples
Justice Anthony Kennedy