- He was about to stoop over her hand and kiss it, but with a rapid, almost brutal movement of her head, she intercepted his lips and met them with her own.
- "Come to the mistress, please," said the footman in his deep bass, intercepting any retreat.
- Karay, with all the strength age had left him, stretched himself to the utmost and, watching the wolf, galloped heavily aside to intercept it.
- Natasha kept looking uneasily at everybody with wide-open eyes, as if wishing to intercept every glance directed toward her, and tried to appear the same as usual.
- Marya Dmitrievna, having found Sonya weeping in the corridor, made her confess everything, and intercepting the note to Natasha she read it and went into Natasha’s room with it in her hand.
There are no more uses of "intercept" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He intercepted the pass on the 5-yard line.
- The fighter plane was ordered to intercept an aircraft that had entered the country’s airspace
Go to more samples