- This was my bed all the time I staid with those people, though made more convenient by degrees, as I began to learn their language and make my wants known.
- We staid there three weeks to refresh our crew, many of whom were sick.
- For the queen, whom I always attended, never went farther when she accompanied the king in his progresses, and there staid till his majesty returned from viewing his frontiers.
- I staid three months in this country, out of perfect obedience to his majesty; who was pleased highly to favour me, and made me very honourable offers.
- We sailed with a fair wind to the Cape of Good Hope, where we staid only to take in fresh water.
There are no more uses of "staid" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is from a staid, conservative family.
- She is a staid accountant by day, but a wild partier at night.
Go to more samples