- "Yes, I am," said Lydgate, brusquely, holding his hat, and ready to go.
- I shall not ride any more," said Dorothea, urged to this brusque resolution by a little annoyance that Sir James would be soliciting her attention when she wanted to give it all to Mr. Casaubon.
- "My dear Rosy, you don’t expect me to talk much to such a conceited ass as that, I hope," said Lydgate, brusquely.
There are no more uses of "brusque" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is known for her brusque manner and brief meetings.
- I am trying to develop a less brusque manner.
Go to more samples