- Of course, people do get carried away and make mistakes, but one must have indulgence; those mistakes are merely evidence of enthusiasm for the cause and of abnormal external environment.
- Everything with them is ’the influence of environment,’ and nothing else.
- No, brother, you are wrong, environment accounts for a great deal in crime; I can assure you of that.
- Oh, I know it does, but just tell me: a man of forty violates a child of ten; was it environment drove him to it?
- All these questions about crime, environment, children, recall to my mind an article of yours which interested me at the time.
- But not because of the influence of environment?
- "Well, strictly speaking, it did," Porfiry observed with noteworthy gravity; "a crime of that nature may be very well ascribed to the influence of environment."
- It all depends on the environment.
- It’s all the environment and man himself is nothing.
- Of course, in the future society there will be no need of assets, but her part will have another significance, rational and in harmony with her environment.
There are no more uses of "environment" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: chemical damages the environment
the natural world (air, water, land, life) -- often used in reference to the impact of human technology
as in: conditions in that environment
surrounding conditions (such as:)
- conditions in a geographic area
- conditions that affect a particular activity -- such as business, learning, or raising children
- conditions that create a certain mood -- such as one of romance or competition
- conditions that impact a particular computer system, subsystem, or program