- The terms are most reasonable, and I trust that your salary will very shortly prove amply sufficient for your expenditure.
- He had sufficient insight to understand that she valued nothing in the world—herself least of all—and he made no attempt to conceal the fact that he was a coward in some respects.
- Was there something in the whole aspect of the man, today, sufficient to justify the prince’s terror, and the awful suspicions of his demon?
- In my humble opinion, a child is too small; I should say, not sufficient; which would result in four or five times more lay children than monks being required in a given time.
- It was some time before she could be made to hear that the prince had come, and then she opened the door only just sufficiently to let him in, and immediately locked it behind him.
- Of course his strange frame of mind was sufficient to account for his conduct; but, still, it seemed queer to the prince that he should so abruptly drop a conversation commenced by himself.
There are no more uses of "sufficient" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We have sufficient supplies.
- Is there sufficient cause for a search warrant?
Go to more samples