- He stared out of the window, and fidgeted, and evidently longed for the end of the journey.
- The general and Totski exchanged looks; Gania fidgeted convulsively in his chair.
- Everyone in the room fidgeted in their places, and waited to see what was coming next.
- Lebedeff kept fidgeting among the chairs, and did not seem to know what to do with himself, though he had no intention of going away.
- He seized his paper in a desperate hurry; he fidgeted with it, and tried to sort it, but for a long while his trembling hands could not collect the sheets together.
- She mechanically arranged her dress, and fidgeted uncomfortably, eventually changing her seat to the other end of the sofa.
- Now, at once?" asked Mrs. Epanchin, gazing vaguely at her husband as he stood fidgeting before her.
There are no more uses of "fidget" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The child is always fidgeting in his seat
- She fidgeted like a child caught in a lie.
Go to more samples