- We are for ever present at an orgy of scandalous revelations.
- Totski was dreadfully alarmed to hear her promise a revelation out of her own life.
- But in interpreting revelation I am the equal of anyone, great as he may be!
- It was now Totski’s turn, and his story was awaited with great curiosity—while all eyes turned on Nastasia Philipovna, as though anticipating that his revelation must be connected somehow with her.
- It is clear that he has been deceived, or he would never have agreed to anything so vile as the scandalous revelations about his mother in Mr. Keller’s article.
- In the poem it is not stated exactly what the ideal was, but it was evidently some vision, some revelation of pure Beauty, and the knight wore round his neck, instead of a scarf, a rosary.
- If I were to bring you to the most loathsome den, and show you the revelation of undisguised vice—you should not blush.
- "No doubt there are pleasures and amusements peculiar to the country," he continued, "and to listen to a pretended student holding forth on the book of the Revelations may be as good as any other.
There are no more uses of "revelation" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It was a revelation to me. Until they gave us those tests, I had no idea that I was better than most people at clerical accuracy.
- I was leaning toward voting for her, but her stance on education policy was a revelation to me.
Go to more samples