- She was hysterical, and laughed aloud every other minute with no apparent reason—the next moment relapsing into gloom and thoughtfulness.
- "I do desire it," murmured Gania, softly but firmly, lowering his eyes; and he relapsed into gloomy silence.
- When we left her, Marie used to relapse at once into her old condition, and sit with closed eyes and motionless limbs.
- She immediately relapsed into silence.
- Nastasia trembled with rage, and looked fixedly at him, whereupon he relapsed into alarmed silence.
- He had suddenly relapsed into musing, and had probably not heard the question at all.
- ’H’m!’ she said, and then relapsed into silence.
There are no more uses of "relapse" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She returned to the hospital due to difficulty breathing after a relapse of the flu.
- She stayed clean for over a year, but had a relapse in December and is now in a drug treatment center.
Go to more samples