- The baby was smiling up at her, for the first time in its life, just at that moment; and while I watched the woman she suddenly crossed herself, oh, so devoutly!
- But the old lady, before Parfen had time to touch her, raised her right hand, and, with three fingers held up, devoutly made the sign of the cross three times over the prince.
- "Well, God bless her, God bless her, if such is her destiny," said Lizabetha, crossing herself devoutly.
There are no more uses of "devout" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- How can they devoutly believe everything they hear in church and then say the things they do and listen to the things they hear without throwing up?
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- Yetta knew it wouldn’t be long before devout Jews—her father, Rahel’s husband—would begin the havdalah prayers, dividing the sacredness of the Sabbath from ordinary, everyday life.
Go to more samples
Margaret Peterson Haddix -- Uprising