- It is true, it is an abominable business, as you say.
- —but that would have been abominable too.
- Pfu! what abominable stuff it looks!
- And then—Yes, and then—this abominable prince showed his face again, and everything went topsy-turvy at once, and everyone seemed as mad as March hares.
- He looks pale enough; and that abominable chatterbox, Evgenie Pavlovitch, monopolizes the whole of the conversation.
- "It’s abominable dishonesty, you know!"
- I was short and abominably dressed, and stood and stared in her face and never said a word, because I was shy, like an ass!
There are no more uses of "abominable" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Said they ought to ban Fanny Crosby by church law and that Rock of Ages was an abomination unto the Lord.
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- Izzy’s bobbing next to me, wrapped in so many layers she looks like the abominable snowman.
Go to more samples
Lauren Oliver -- Before I Fall