- It was impossible to avoid noticing them, however, in reality, for they made their presence only too conspicuous by laughing and talking loudly.
- People looked out for her at the funeral, too, but she was not there; and another conspicuous absentee was the captain’s widow, whom Lebedeff had prevented from coming.
- "This page of the album, framed in gold, hung on the wall of my sister’s drawing-room all her life, in the most conspicuous place, till the day of her death; where it is now, I really don’t know.
There are no more uses of "conspicuous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She tried not to look conspicuous as she slipped into class after the tardy bell.
- She is the most conspicuous person on the President’s cabinet. She is constantly interviewed on television.
Go to more samples