- Then he drew him along, murmuring almost inaudibly, "Come!"
- He was quaking in all his limbs, and his words came in a scarcely audible whisper.
- "I love Gavrila Ardalionovitch," she said, quickly; but hardly audibly, and with her head bent lower than ever.
- The prince’s heart beat so loud that its knocking seemed to be distinctly audible in the deathly silence.
- "And—and I did run away from him—you are right there," she added, scarcely audibly.
- "He has told me already that he hates you," murmured Aglaya, scarcely audibly.
- "I was afraid," he muttered, scarcely audibly, "but I hardly thought it would come to this."
There are no more uses of "audible" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She spoke in a barely audible whisper.
- It was so quiet, our breathing was the only thing audible in the room.
Go to more samples