- Raskolnikov continued descending the staircase in silence.
- He rushed to the door, listened, caught up his hat and began to descend his thirteen steps cautiously, noiselessly, like a cat.
- He was just descending the last steps when he heard rapid footsteps behind him.
- "I don’t know what to wish you," said Raskolnikov, who had begun to descend the stairs, but looked back again.
- "He’s a political conspirator, there’s not a doubt about it," Razumihin decided, as he slowly descended the stairs.
There are no more uses of "descend" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We saw the rocket descend.
- The path descends to the bottom of the mountain.
Go to more samples