- They lay right across the way, blocking the thoroughfare.
- "Shall I go there or not?" thought Raskolnikov, standing in the middle of the thoroughfare at the cross-roads, and he looked about him, as though expecting from someone a decisive word.
- It did not frighten him, but greatly annoyed him, so that he made haste to return to the town, to mingle with the crowd, to enter restaurants and taverns, to walk in busy thoroughfares.
There are no more uses of "thoroughfare" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- In obedience to them, in the silent heat she walked down Maycomb’s main thoroughfare, a highway leading to Montgomery.
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- I race past all of them, down Serra’s main thoroughfare, through the dwindling crowds of Execution Square, and up the cobbled streets of the Illustrian Quarter.
Go to more samples
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes