- The slight shivering still persisted, but that too was an almost pleasant sensation.
- He drew a deep breath—but his dream seemed strangely to persist: his door was flung open and a man whom he had never seen stood in the doorway watching him intently.
- "And, what, if even now, while Katerina Ivanovna is alive, you get ill and are taken to the hospital, what will happen then?" he persisted pitilessly.
- The rain still persisted.
- "The chief thing is," Raskolnikov persisted, "to keep her out of this scoundrel’s hands!
- What, what could she do?" she persisted, getting hot and excited.
- I want you to," he persisted.
- Isn’t that so?" persisted Svidrigailov with a sly smile.
There are no more uses of "persist" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The child persisted in asking questions despite my obvious desire to be left alone.
- We expect the conditions to persist into next year.
Go to more samples