- All this was set going by Marfa Petrovna who managed to slander Dounia and throw dirt at her in every family.
- "And Pyotr Petrovitch is a contemptible slanderer," Dounia snapped out, suddenly.
- There is one expression in the letter, one slander about me, and rather a contemptible one.
- In all this I see a too hasty desire to slander me and to raise dissension between us.
- All that is mean slander.
- Forgive me for my evil thoughts, and my slander.
- You are lying and slandering from some spite against me, simply from pique, because I did not agree with your free-thinking, godless, social propositions!
- "I mean that you…. are a slanderer, that’s what my words mean!"
- ’Your excellency,’ I said, ’protect the orphans, for you knew my late husband, Semyon Zaharovitch, and on the very day of his death the basest of scoundrels slandered his only daughter.
- "It’s all slander and nonsense!" cried Lebeziatnikov, who was always afraid of allusions to the subject.
- "That’s another slander," he yelled.
There are no more uses of "slander" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- In the United States, it is extremely difficult for someone famous to win a slander lawsuit—almost no matter what is said.
- Check your sources or you could be sued for slander.
Go to more samples