- Sir, I entreat you home with me to dinner.
- No, that were pity; I would entreat you rather to put on Your boldest suit of mirth, for we have friends That purpose merriment.
- For my part, my lord, My purpose was not to have seen you here; But meeting with Salanio by the way, He did entreat me, past all saying nay, To come with him along.
- I have a wife whom, I protest, I love; I would she were in heaven, so she could Entreat some power to change this currish Jew.
- My Lord Bassanio, upon more advice, Hath sent you here this ring, and doth entreat Your company at dinner.
There are no more uses of "entreat" in the play.
Show samples from other sources
- She flattered and entreated him until he agreed to help.
- She was unmoved by his entreaties.
Go to more samples