- —I met a fool i’ the forest, A motley fool;—a miserable world!
- — As I do live by food, I met a fool, Who laid him down and bask’d him in the sun, And rail’d on Lady Fortune in good terms, In good set terms,—and yet a motley fool.
- —Motley’s the only wear.
- I am ambitious for a motley coat.
- Will you be married, motley?
- When I did hear The motley fool thus moral on the time, My lungs began to crow like chanticleer, That fools should be so deep contemplative; And I did laugh sans intermission An hour by his dial.
- Invest me in my motley; give me leave To speak my mind, and I will through and through Cleanse the foul body of the infected world, If they will patiently receive my medicine.
- This is the motley-minded gentleman that I have so often met in the forest: he hath been a courtier, he swears.
There are no more uses of "motley" in the play.
Show samples from other sources
- They are a motley crew.
- a motley mix of tax cuts, infrastructure spending and other programs
Go to more samples