- I pr’ythee, turn aside and weep for her; Then bid adieu to me, and say the tears Belong to Egypt: good now, play one scene Of excellent dissembling; and let it look Like perfect honour.
- —Adieu, noble Agrippa.
- Adieu; be happy!
- Feed and sleep: Our care and pity is so much upon you That we remain your friend; and so, adieu.
- Adieu, good queen; I must attend on Caesar.
- Go, Eros, send his treasure after; do it; Detain no jot, I charge thee; write to him— I will subscribe,—gentle adieus and greetings; Say that I wish he never find more cause To change a master.
There are no more uses of "adieu" in the play.
Show samples from other sources
- Only adieu, mon plaisir, may we meet again.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky -- Crime and Punishment
- You can perhaps think it is a little thing, Stingo, but it is to permit someone to die without a farewell, an adieu, a single word of comfort or understanding that is so terrible to bear.
Go to more samples
William Styron -- Sophie’s Choice