- Thus speak of the whale, the great Cuvier, and John Hunter, and Lesson, those lights of zoology and anatomy.
- But it may possibly be conceived that, in the internal parts of the whale, in his anatomy—there, at least, we shall be able to hit the right classification.
- Nay; what thing, for example, is there in the Greenland whale’s anatomy more striking than his baleen?
- But some specimen bones of it being taken across the sea to Owen, the English Anatomist, it turned out that this alleged reptile was a whale, though of a departed species.
- Did erudite Stubb, mounted upon your capstan, deliver lectures on the anatomy of the Cetacea; and by help of the windlass, hold up a specimen rib for exhibition?
There are no more uses of "anatomy" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The anatomy of the frog is similar to that of a person.
- She got an "A" in her anatomy class.
Go to more samples