- Mr. Attorney-General had to inform the jury, that the prisoner before them, though young in years, was old in the treasonable practices which claimed the forfeit of his life.
- His life is forfeit to the people.
- It was the incident of every day, and the society of La Force were engaged in the preparation of some games of forfeits and a little concert, for that evening.
- He is going to pay the forfeit: it will be paid in five minutes more.
- Charles Evremonde, called Darnay, was accused by the public prosecutor as an emigrant, whose life was forfeit to the Republic, under the decree which banished all emigrants on pain of Death.
There are no more uses of "forfeit" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We had to forfeit the deposit.
- What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
Go to more samples
Mark 8:36 (NIV)