- Mr. Cruncher reposed under a patchwork counterpane, like a Harlequin at home.
- Then she glanced in a casual manner round the wine-shop, took up her knitting with great apparent calmness and repose of spirit, and became absorbed in it.
- You were always driving and riving and shouldering and passing, to that restless degree that I had no chance for my life but in rust and repose.
- Good repose!
- Will you let me believe, when I recall this day, that the last confidence of my life was reposed in your pure and innocent breast, and that it lies there alone, and will be shared by no one?
- "Meanwhile," said the Marquis, "I will preserve the honour and repose of the family, if you will not.
There are no more uses of "repose" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She was reposing on the couch
- Good night, good night! as sweet repose and rest
Go to more samples
Come to thy heart as that within my breast!
William Shakespeare -- Romeo and Juliet