- The jackal removed the towels from his head, which had been steaming again, shook himself, yawned, shivered, and complied.
- With a deprecatory grunt, the jackal again complied.
- He complied as to the chair, but appeared to find the speaking on less easy.
- Madame complied with a polite air.
- Darnay complied, and was taken back to the guard-house, where other patriots in rough red caps were smoking, drinking, and sleeping, by a watch-fire.
- I could do nothing but comply, and I entered it in silence.
- You must comply with it—take off those boots you wear, and draw on these of mine.
There are no more uses of "compliance" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Our policy is in compliance with the law.
- The improvements will bring us into compliance.
Go to more samples