- "It is so," assented Defarge, without being asked.
- "It is so," assented Defarge.
- "It is so," assented Defarge again.
- "It is so," assented Defarge once more.
- "I know that, to be sure," assented Mr. Lorry, trying to persuade himself that his sweet temper was soured, and that he grumbled, "but I am determined to be peevish after my long day’s botheration.
There are no more uses of "assent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She takes my silence as assent.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Their murmurs of assent and disapproval gave her a sense of order and rightness.
Go to more samples
Dave Eggers -- The Circle