- The allusion served as a timely reminder to Darnay that this disagreeable companion had, of his own free will, assisted him in the strait of the day.
- But, there my Lord interposed (with as grave a face as if it had not been true), saying that he could not sit upon that Bench and suffer those allusions.
- An incidental allusion, purposely thrown out, to the day of the week, and the day of the month, set him thinking and counting, and evidently made him uneasy.
There are no more uses of "allude" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He alluded to Susan without mentioning her name.
- She didn’t mention any names, but everyone knew she was alluding to the President.
Go to more samples