- Corny Kelleher, laying a wreath at each fore corner, beckoned to the boy to kneel.
- Lenehan and Mr O’Madden Burke, hearing, turned, beckoned and led on across towards Mooney’s.
- The best plan clearly being to clear out, the remainder being plain sailing, he beckoned, while prudently pocketing the photo, to the keeper of the shanty who didn’t seem to.
There are no more uses of "beckon" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I should be studying, but television beckons me.
- The police officer beckoned me to come over.
Go to more samples