- —The mockery of it, he said contentedly.
- He looked still at her, holding back behind his look his discontent.
- Lynch, his jockeycap low on his brow, attends him, a sneer of discontent wrinkling his face.
- EDWARD THE SEVENTH: (Dances slowly, solemnly, rattling his bucket, and sings with soft contentment) On coronation day, on coronation day, O, won’t we have a merry time, Drinking whisky, beer and wine!
There are no more uses of "contented" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She grew more contented with age.
- It’s hard to get her to consider a change because she is so contented with the way things are.
Go to more samples