- But hey, presto, the mirror is breathed on and the young knighterrant recedes, shrivels, dwindles to a tiny speck within the mist.
- A hobgoblin in the image of Punch Costello, hipshot, crookbacked, hydrocephalic, prognathic with receding forehead and Ally Sloper nose, tumbles in somersaults through the gathering darkness.
- All recedes.
- (Twining, receding, with interchanging hands the night hours link each each with arching arms in a mosaic of movements.
There are no more uses of "recede" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Her unhappy childhood memories receded as she grew older.
- The pain is beginning to recede.
Go to more samples