- Would Mr. Darcy then consider the rashness of your original intentions as atoned for by your obstinacy in adhering to it?
- But, my dear sister, though the event has proved you right, do not think me obstinate if I still assert that, considering what her behaviour was, my confidence was as natural as your suspicion.
- I fancy, Lizzy, that obstinacy is the real defect of his character, after all.
- One day’s delay, she observed, would be of small importance; and her mother was too happy to be quite so obstinate as usual.
- But our visitor was very obstinate.
- Obstinate, headstrong girl!
There are no more uses of "obstinate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is an obstinate child who will not follow the family rules.
- He is obstinate as a mule.
Go to more samples