- There, where the island petered out in water, was another island; a rock, almost detached, standing like a fort, facing them across the green with one bold, pink bastion.
- A stain in the darkness, a stain that was Jack, detached itself and began to draw away.
- Listening carefully, detaching his mind from the swing of the sea, Ralph could make out a familiar rhythm.
- A flame, seemingly detached, swung like an acrobat and licked up the palm heads on the platform.
There are no more uses of "detach" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She spoke in a cold, detached manner as though she didn’t care about him any more.
- These days, she seems emotionally detached whenever she talks about him.
Go to more samples