- There was no solemn assembly for debate nor dignity of the conch.
- The fair boy said this solemnly; but then the delight of a realized ambition overcame him.
- Again came the solemn communion of shining eyes in the gloom.
- Then we’d be, you know, very solemn, and someone would say we ought to build a jet, or a submarine, or a TV set.
- Ralph nodded solemnly.
- "Meat—" The littluns sat, solemnly thinking of meat, and dribbling.
- Piggy said nothing but nodded, solemnly.
- "So leave the mountain alone," said the chief, solemnly, "and give it the head if you go hunting."
- He knelt there, his fist clenched, gazing solemnly from one to the other.
- Piggy considered this solemnly.
There are no more uses of "solemn" in the book.
Show samples from other sources