- This side of the castle, perhaps a hundred feet high, was the pink bastion they had seen from the mountain-top.
- There, where the island petered out in water, was another island; a rock, almost detached, standing like a fort, facing them across the green with one bold, pink bastion.
- Nothing but what you might expect: pink, tumbled boulders with guano layered on them like icing; and a steep slope up to the shattered rocks that crowned the bastion.
There are no more uses of "bastion" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- These rules are a bastion against corruption.
- The universities were the last bastion of freedom, but they were purged of anyone who questioned official propaganda shortly after the coup.
Go to more samples