- Until it happened I did not realize that Jem was offended by my contradicting him on Hot Steams, and that he was patiently awaiting an opportunity to reward me.
- Don’t you contradict me!
- It has relied instead upon the testimony of two witnesses whose evidence has not only been called into serious question on cross-examination, but has been flatly contradicted by the defendant.
- "There’s some folks who don’t eat like us," she whispered fiercely, "but you ain’t called on to contradict ’cause at the table when they don’t.
- Don’t like to contradict you, Mr. Finch— wasn’t crazy, mean as hell.
There are no more uses of "contradict" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Does the sentence contradict the main claim of the essay?
- Does the sentence contradict what is said in the previous paragraph?
Go to more samples