- Never, never, never, on cross-examination ask a witness a question you don’t already know the answer to, was a tenet I absorbed with my baby-food.
- Jem was not one to dwell on past defeats: it seemed the only message he got from Atticus was insight into the art of cross examination.
- Well, Mr. Finch didn’t act that way to Mayella and old man Ewell when he cross-examined them.
- This was as much as I heard of Mr. Gilmer’s cross-examination, because Jem made me take Dill out.
- Which reminded me that we were missing nearly all of Mr. Gilmer’s cross-examination.
- It has relied instead upon the testimony of two witnesses whose evidence has not only been called into serious question on cross-examination, but has been flatly contradicted by the defendant.
There are no more uses of "cross-examination" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Prosecutors expect to wrap up their cross-examination tomorrow.
- On cross-examination, their expert witness seemed less like an expert.
Go to more samples