- We don’t know, but there is circumstantial evidence to indicate that Mayella Ewell was beaten savagely by someone who led almost exclusively with his left.
- "But lots of folks have been hung— hanged— on circumstantial evidence," said Jem.
- He said he didn’t have any quarrel with the rape statute, none what ever, but he did have deep misgivings when the state asked for and the jury gave a death penalty on purely circumstantial evidence.
There are no more uses of "circumstantial evidence" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The appeals court ruled that there was only circumstantial evidence of discrimination, so his case could not continue.
- Pete Earley’s book Circumstantial Evidence was published a few months after Walter was freed, and it provided a detailed account of the case.
Go to more samples
Bryan Stevenson -- Just Mercy