- The Radley Place had ceased to terrify me, but it was no less gloomy, no less chilly under its great oaks, and no less uninviting.
- Jem explained that if he did, the snowman would become muddy and cease to be a snowman.
- From that moment he ceased to terrify me.
- The alarm clock had ceased sounding, but Mrs. Dubose would release us with, "That’ll do," so late in the afternoon Atticus would be home reading the paper when we returned.
There are no more uses of "cease" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- They signed a cease-fire agreement.
- They agreed to a temporary cease-fire so non-combatants could leave the area.
Go to more samples