- I hate you an’ despise you an’ hope you die tomorrow!
- He despises Negroes, won’t have one near him.
- You said Braxton Underwood despises Negroes right in front of her.
- "Put these on, darling," she said, handing me the garments she most despised.
- The thing about it is, our kind of folks don’t like the Cunninghams, the Cunninghams don’t like the Ewells, and the Ewells hate and despise the colored folks.
- If they’re all alike, why do they go out of their way to despise each other?
There are no more uses of "despise" in the book.
Show samples from other sources