- They persisted in pleading Not Guilty to first-degree murder,
- ...a dreadful banging issued from the radiator pipes, persisting until someone investigated and brought forth Eunice Ann saying she didn’t want to play Shadrach any more—
- She knew full well the enormity of her offense, but because her desires were stronger than the code she was breaking, she persisted in breaking it.
- She persisted, and her subsequent reaction is something that all of us have known at one time or another.
There are no more uses of "persist" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The child persisted in asking questions despite my obvious desire to be left alone.
- We expect the conditions to persist into next year.
Go to more samples